Friday, March 27, 2015

Cooking Dinner For 'Human' Ears Only!

I have always loved to watch, but mostly listen to, tv while I cook dinner - I am a sucker for Hulu & old reruns.  I pour myself a glass of wine, turn on the latest (or not so latest) episode of Parenthood, The Office, Parks & Recreation, Raising Hope, Modern Family, The Middle, So You Think You Can Dance, Master Chef, Hell's Kitchen, Kitchen Nightmares - to name a few of my favorites - and cook away!  Is anyone else reliving teenage memories through the Dawson's Creek episodes on Netflix right now too?  It truly is something I enjoy doing and it really relaxes me from a day of running around with the kids and the kids running around me.

The only problem is since I have had my little ones I can't hear it anymore or there might be some 'human' situations - my children call adults humans and say kids aren't humans, and I agree ;) - or the occasional swear word that I don't want them to hear.  So, I have come across the perfect solution!  I didn't even bother with hair and make-up in the pic because I figured there is no way to make this picture look any better.
My Zone Wireless TV Headphones.  Nerdy as it is (don't knock them until you try them), they are fantastic!  I set the kids up at the table in the kitchen with play-dough or something similar that takes little help from me.  I put Dimples in his high chair with his favorite toy on his tray to play with beside me.  I pour my glass of wine (or a cold beer on occasion).  Put on my headphones and go to town cooking while the kids play away and have no idea that Chef Ramsey just insulted a young chefs grandma and totally minced his self esteem all in one fell swoop!

I turn them up just enough for me to hear the show and I can still hear the kiddos to circumvent any sibling world wars that are about to ensue.  I always keep an eye on them since they are in the kitchen with me. 

If you are worried about setting them up or how they will work - don't!  They are very easy to set up.  Plug transmitter into the tv, insert batteries in two places, push a few buttons and you are ready to go.  As far as how well they work, I can hear static free throughout most of the house.   There is a trick to getting sound static free though.  Wanna know the trick?  You have to hit the Reset button once and then the Scan button, wait for sound then hit scan again.  Crystal clear?  They are not of the very best quality so if you drop them on the tile or little hands try to explore them too roughly they will break - you might want to keep them put up high.

Happy listening!

No comments:

Post a Comment