Has anyone seen this game? Tractor found it at the store and the kids LOVE it like no other game. It keeps them laughing, entertained and in my opinion counts as science ;) You just take the yellow putty, feed it to the dog and pump the leash (which is an air pump) the amount your dice roll allows. Whoever is pumping the leash when the putty makes it's appearance out of the other end gets to put it on their shovel. First to 3 wins. This game gives me close to an hour of time to cook while they are entertained.
So my new favorite dinner is chicken nuggets and 'fries'! But not just any nuggets and fries, green chili (no chili on the kids nuggets of course) chicken nuggets and green bean fries. To make the kids nuggets just substitute a beaten egg for the green chili and Viola! Dinner that makes everyone super happy! The nuggets and the green beans can bake at the same time and will be done about the same time. That makes this meal about 35 minutes in prep time (including the dessert drinks) and 20 minutes for baking. The Pina Colada recipe came from a friend of the families that is Peurto Rican and boy can you tell by her island drinks!
Happy Family Chicken Nuggets
Prep time: 20 min Bake Time: 20 min Serves about 4
1 lb chicken breast
1 egg beaten
3/4 cup green chili
2 1/2 cups seasoned bread crumbs (store bought or homemade)
1) Cut chicken into nugget sized chunks.
2) Puree green chili in blender or food processor.
3)Put egg in a small bowl, chili in a different small bowl and breadcrumbs on a plate.
4) Divide the chicken in half (half for kids, half for adults). Dip kids chicken in egg and then breadcrumbs. Place breaded nuggets on a greased glass baking dish.
5) dip the adult chicken in to the green chili and then breadcrumbs. Place breaded chicken on a different greased glass baking pan and spray with olive oil to create a crispy outside.
6) Cook at 400 for about 20 minutes or until cooked through.
*Tips: Always do the kids first so that you don't get the chili out of the breadcrumbs on their chicken. For dipping sauces the kids usually like ketchup and we usually use sour cream. YUM!
Green Bean 'Fries'
Prep Time: 10 min Bake Time: 20 Min Serves about 4
2 lbs fresh green beans
olive oil to coat
sea salt (we like them salty but you can add your own desired amount)
1) Wash, dry & trim the ends off.
2) Place in a single layer on a glass baking dish (or two if needed) and drizzle with olive oil and salt.
3) Use your hands to move them around and make sure they are evenly coated.
4) Bake at 400 for about 20 minutes or until they have brown spots (not black) and are a little shriveled.
5) If you have to, bribe your little ones with a virgin Pina Colada for dessert to eat their 'fries' but in our house there is no bribing necessary with these!
Prep Time: 5 min Serves about 4
8 oz Coco Lopez coconut cream
8 oz pineapple juice
4 cups good vanilla ice cream
3 oz rum (or more if you are like me ;)
1) Blend first three ingredients and pour half for the kids virgin dessert pina coladas.
2) Add rum and blend again for the 'Mommy Drink' version :)